Submission Manager ¶
Submission Manager let you view, edit and delete the responses collected by your forms. To access the Submission Manager, you must go to Form Manager and click on the form name, then click on Submission.
The Submission Manager, offers you many features to manage the data collected by your forms. By default, it will display the first 4 fields. You can use the tool to set up which columns you wish to show or hide.
- Navigation: The Submission Manager displays submissions in tabular form. The form field label is show first, followed by the submission data. Submissions are sorted by creation date. You can sort your submissions by clicking on Submitted. To view more submissions, you can use the Next and Previous buttons to go forward or backward.
Show / Hide columns: The button with the Table icon. When you click this button, a list with the name of each column will be displayed, remove any column name, and the column will be hidden, check the name, and the column is displayed. If your form has many fields, use this feature to filter. The selected configuration will be saved in your preferences, so you will see the same configuration next time.
- Resize columns: If your form/survey has a lot of fields, displaying them all can make the wscreen clutterd. Use this option to expand the width of the columns. You should note that A1Surveys has a responsive design, so those fields that exceed the width of the page will be hidden. To view them you will be able to scroll horizontally.
- Reset the Manager: If you have made modifications in the manager, for example, hiding columns. You can return to the default view by clicking on the "Reset" button.
- New submissions: Submissions with the newn label next to the date are those unread. Once you enter to read the submission, the label "new" will disappear.
- Bulk actions: Here you can bulk delete, mark as read/unread. When checked a menu will be shown with two options: Delete, Mark as Read and Mark as Unread. You should note that to delete submissions, a popup will appear asking you to confirm. Once submissions have been deleted, this action cannot be undone.
Viewing a Submission Record ¶
When you click an entry in the Submission Manager, a vertical table with all information collected will be displayed. By default, this entry is for view-only. To edit the entry, use the Editing Submission section.
Submission information comes in three sections:
- Submission Details: Shows the data collected.
- Sender Information: Shows the participant information.
- Additional Information: Displays the ID of the Form Submission. If Submissions have been set as editable (See: Form Settings), a link to the edit entry will appear. You can share this link with your end-users to allow the edition. Also, in this section you can see the date when the Submission has been sent or updated.
Note: Comments about the submission can only be viewed in the Submission Manager. Comments are not included in the export.
Editing a Submission ¶
To edit a Submission, go to the Submission Manager. Then, perform the following steps:
- Click on the submission to edit.
- You will see the Submission Information and at the right top see the "Edit" (pencil icon) button.
- Click the Edit button.
- The vertical table will become a similar form than the one you have created.
- Make the changes you need
- Submit the Form
Note: When you edit an item, the datain that submission will be permanently overwritten.
Create a Submission ¶
To edit a submission, go to the Submission Manager. Then, perform the following steps:
- Click the Add submission button (icon with the plus sign)
- You will see a similar form than the one you have created.
- Make the changes you need
- Submit the Form
- The new Submission will appear in the Submission Manager.
Deleting Submissions ¶
To delete a submission, go to the Submission Manager. Then, perform the following steps:
- Click on the submission you want to delete
- Click on the Delete red button (trash can icon) at the top right.
- A pop-up will appear asking you to confirm.
- Click OK.
Note: When you delete a submission, the data for that submission (including attachments) will be removed permanently.
Printing a Submission ¶
To print a Submission, go to the Submission Manager. Then, perform the following steps:
- Click on print.
- At the right top see the "Print" (printer icon) button.
- Click the Print button.
- The page preview to print will be displayed in black and white with submission details
- Make the changes you prefer in the printer dialog window
- Click on 'print'
Filtering Submissions ¶
To filter the data collected by the form you must select the Date Range and click the "Filter" button.
Exporting Submissions ¶
To export the data collected by the form you must select the Date Range and click the "Export" button.
Then select the format of the file to be generated:
- Export as CSV
- Export as MS Excel
Searching Submissions ¶
To search, enter the search criteria in the search box located at the top of the Submission Manager. The search engine will return all instances of the word found in all the collected fields.
Also, you can find a submission by its ID or Custom Number. To find a specific submission, use the key "id" followed by the colon and the ID, or you can use the key "#" followed by the colon, and the Number. For example, id:123 or #:ORDER-123.
File Management ¶
You can manage files sent with your forms.
- View files associated with the field.
- Upload files when creating Form Submissions using the Submission Manager.
- Update uploaded files.
- Delete files
Resend a Notification or Confirmation Email ¶
If your form has been configured to send confirmations or notifications by email, an Email button will appear in the Submission Details page. To resend any of these emails, just click on them and confirm you want to send.